Fintech companies operate in an incredibly competitive field, going up against established banks, financial institutions, and other fintechs, which is why an effective marketing strategy is essential to acquire paying customers.
Read on to discover a list of fintech content marketing examples you can get inspiration from for your next marketing campaign.
Great Fintech Content Marketing Examples
Let’s dive into a handful of examples from leading fintech companies who got their content marketing right.
NerdWallet: SEO-Optimized, Long-Form Educational Content
NerdWallet is a financial comparison site that makes it easier to manage your finances transparently by comparing a wide range of financial products.
The fintech company has focused on SEO, using long-form, keyword-rich financial guides to attract users from organic search. Long-form educational content offers several benefits to your fintech marketing strategy, and we highlight a few below.
- Search engines prefer keyword-rich, long-form content when ranking SEO for search results. The longer articles get more links, attention, and higher search rankings.
- You establish yourself as an authority on relevant financial topics by going in-depth and capturing all aspects of a topic.
- Long-form content helps reduce your site bounce rate as users spend more time on the site and navigate to other sections, improving your SEO.
- Long-form posts perform well on social media compared to shorter posts. Many platforms are introducing features that make it easy for users to share comprehensive posts.
NerdWallet has created a brand by capitalizing on keyword-optimized, long-form content, making it one of the US’s most popular personal finance platforms.
Klarna: Influencer Marketing
Klarna is a fintech app that allows you to buy products at your favorite online stores and pay later at your convenience.
The company mainly uses influencer and celebrity partnerships to drive its marketing strategy. Influencer marketing is the collaboration between prominent social media users and brands to promote their products. The following are the benefits of using influencer marketing strategies:
- Your brand can tap into an influencer’s fanbase on social media to gain new consumers and thus generate sales
- Influencers can effectively communicate your brand’s story, mission, and values to their audience since they know how to communicate with them.
- You can grow awareness for your brand by tapping into an influencer’s following.
- Influencer marketing can be useful in driving referral business to your brand.
In 2019, rapper Snoop Dogg was the face of the Klarna ‘Get Smooth’ campaign. The rapper had just become a minority shareholder in the company and joined forces with Klarna to demonstrate the fintech company’s smooth service. The campaign would later be dubbed ‘Smooth Dogg. ’’
Interestingly, Klarna has a creator platform that allows merchants to identify and collaborate with the right influencers and measure their performance. The platform offers them a database of existing influencers and enables them to find new ones.
Fortune City: Gamification
Fortune City is a fintech app that allows you to gamify bookkeeping with a fun city simulation game. You can record your income and expenses within the app and watch them translate into building blocks for a virtual city.
Gamification is the addition of gaming elements to your site, platform, app, social media campaign, and email to attract and retain consumers.
Gaming mechanics can be used to boost conversion rates as part of your wider marketing strategy. Here are some benefits of gamified marketing:
- Gamification provides a high level of user engagement compared to other content marketing strategies for Gen Z consumers.
- Gamification offers a more interactive experience for users than social media and other online channels.
- Gamification tends to develop an emotional bond between consumers and brands, which leads to greater consumer loyalty.
- Gamification also allows brands to collect data and insights on consumer preferences and behavior.
That said, gamification has become popular with Gen Z audiences, reflecting their leisure preferences.
Nuvei: Video Marketing
Nuvei is a payment processor that offers customers over 600+ payment channels. The company uses video marketing as part of its overall marketing strategy.
Video marketing involves the use of video content to promote brands and products. Brands can deploy videos in various formats and digital channels like websites and social media. Here are a few benefits of video marketing for your fintech content marketing strategy.
- Video marketing is useful in helping consumers decide what products they want to buy. Consumers are more likely to be influenced by information presented in a video rather than a text format.
- Fintech companies can use video marketing to produce high-quality visual content that resonates with consumers and drives sales.
- Video marketing can increase web traffic from search engines like YouTube through SEO. The same strategy can apply to social media sites like X, TikTok, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- You can increase sales conversions on videos through routine calls to action, product signup links, or even subscribers to your newsletter.
Nuvei did a video marketing campaign with Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds as part of its ‘Aboot Payments’ Campaign. The campaign spawned short videos where Reynolds used his charisma to present Nuvei as a Canadian global payments provider distinct from American companies.
Zettle: Experiential Marketing
Zettle is a mobile card POS and payments company. PayPal acquired Zettle in 2018 in a bid to capitalize on Zettle’s success with in-store payments.
Initially, Zettle wanted to create hype around its product and hosted a trade event in 2012 for small businesses. During the event, businesses were given a real-life demonstration of their new product and went even further to make payments on it. This PR exercise created a buzz among journalists and industry experts.
This type of marketing is referred to as experiential marketing. It creates an experience for a consumer or target audience rather than reaching out to them via traditional marketing methods. Experiential marketing helps you rise above the clutter that is traditional marketing. Also, it offers customers something a unique adventure and a chance to be part of something new.
Experiential marketing has several key benefits that include:
- Your brand can connect to consumers emotionally because of shared experiences.
- Brands can use experiential marketing to communicate their story to customers.
- Creating a memorable experience for customers makes them loyal to your brand.
- Word-of-mouth marketing is an effective marketing tool; constantly retelling an experience can drive sales for your product.
- You get direct customer feedback without the filter of digital channels.
The Zettle campaign succeeded, publishing several articles in the media, and the business recorded a 400%+ increase in sales.
Reach Out If You’d Like Help With Your Content Marketing
As pay-per-click ads become more expensive, more fintech businesses are resorting to content marketing as part of their marketing strategy to grow their brands and acquire more customers.
Contact us if you need help with content marketing. We specialize in helping innovative financial technology companies acquire new customers with engaging, trust-building content.